Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Infiniti G20: 1996 infiniti G20 I just replace the the rack

1996 infiniti G20 I just replace the the rack and pinion and boot axle shafs then after that check engine light coming whit code 34 and 41 the information I have say 34 knock sensor and 41 dont have I check some nissan code 41 is air temperature sensor, check boot and loock ok.another thing is I trie to reset the light disconecting the negative cable from the batery but one I conected back the check engine light stay on never goin out what can cause this condition. and what it is the OBD conector for because I trie to get the code via OBD and my scanner say not comunication. I get the code strike from the computer by turning the little nob right and left.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes; I still need help.

Usually with the OBD 2 connector on this model this indicates the codes can be checked with an OBD 2 reader.Is there any way you can check the codes with a different reader plugged into your vehicle to make sure we have the correct codes to work with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you mind, trie to used diferent sccaner?
and running in OBD 2, let mee ask some thing

my car is OBD 2 or 1? the cuestion is because I only can read the codes manually by turning the litlle nob to the right and left by I not by able to cleared even if I disconected the ECU. then I very confuse.

another ink is I make fail the air flow meter by unpluged and give me code 12, after that turn off the car pluged back the air flow meter disconected the batery for cleared codes and nothing happen now I have 3 different codes, 12,34 and 41. my cuestion is if I have OBD 2 only can be cleared by properly sccaner?

Here is a picture of an OBD 2 connector.If you have this connector then the codes usually need checked with a scan tool.Although some of these models you can read codes by turning the knob you have my info shows that vehicles with the obd 2 connector have to be read out and erased with a scan tool compatible with the vehicle.

Some scan tools are not fully compatible with all vehicles so it might be a good idea to check with another scan tool (a local parts store might be able to check the codes with theirs) to see if any other codes come up or if the code numbers are different then what you have as usually OBD 2 vehicles will have engine codes that start with the letter P.

graphic

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok pete, I goin to follow you sugestion and trie different readers, but let me ask you another cuestion, the where finding the engine codein the vin or veci label or in the engine?

4th digit of the VIN number on this vehicle should be the engine code.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you very much Pete, is what you say my 5k reading machine don't support this specified model of infinity, I very surprise because I used my reading machine in too many cars and trucks different brand and model even whit the generic OBD ll and never happen that to my,

any way your help and suggestion is 100% good thank you again to you

5 star help. now I tries to rate your answer but I don't see the choices send it to me please, thank you.

You have already rated my help above previously so no second rating is needed.You can locate the rating in your above post and leave a tip if you like or I can leave this open to rate again.None of it is needed though.

Thanks Pete