Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

replace a part on a 2005 Suzuki Forenza

I need to replace a...

I need to replace a part on a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. It is where the air take assembly mounts to the throttle assembly. there is a rubber seal with a clamp and also a black plastic collar that goes around the connecting area I will submit a phot to help identify the part.

http://wikisend.com/download/370470/New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

http://wikisend.com/download/441462/100_0437.JPG

1/11/2013
Alex
Alex, ASE Master Technician
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with your question.

I believe you need to replace the parts labeled numbers 22 and 16 in this diagram. You can order both parts at reasonable prices from this web page. Enter your vehicle information and then type "intake" in the search bar and click search. Then, look at the list to the left and click on "engine/transaxle." Under "engine/transaxle," click "air intake." Under air intake, scroll down and click "seal." This will bring up the diagram showing all the intake parts. I think you want numbers 16 and/or 22. Just click on the corresponding numbers above the diagram to add the items to your cart.

https://www.suzukiautoparts.com/oempartscat.html

graphic

You know, I saw that and thought that was it,but if you look at 13,14, and 15, they show up as the same clamp, which leads me to believe that 16 is just the hose clamp that goes around 22 and not the black plastic collar that is solid on one side and slotted on the other end. and that is where I'm a little doubtful as to if this collar is 16.

Yes I think that is the clamp. I don't see the other plastic piece in the diagram. For that reason I think the black plastic collar is built into the larger dampener piece that it connects to. If not, I'm not sure why they don't include that in the diagram.

Alex
Alex, ASE Master Technician

Ok, you are correct, I went to salveage yard and got ne from an 06 which was almostr identical, and after pulling the resonator from our 05 saw that it was indeed broken off. Thanks!

Thank you for letting me know. I'm glad you got it fixed!
Alex
Alex
Alex, ASE Master Technician