How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris Your Own Question
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 13756
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
Type Your Car Question Here...
Chris is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza and After having a coolant pressure

This answer was rated:

I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza and After having a coolant pressure test I was told that one of my heater hoses was leaking and I needed to replace them. I had another guy look at it and he said no the hoses weren't the issue, but there is this plastic gasket on top of the carb that was cracked and he removed it to show me that with a rubber gasket that went with it. I just paid 25 for an online Chilton manual that shows me next to nothing about my car. would you have a diagram for it and what the components I refered to are called so I can find a replacement part? he said that the anti freeze was only leaking on to the hose and caused the other person to assume it was the hose...

Hello and welcome to just answer. Let me see if I can get that information for you. I will be back asap.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Does your carb (throttle body) look like the one in this picture? And do the heater hoses connect to the side of the throttle body, and is this where the leak is?



Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That looks like the area he pointed to at the base ther is what I think is theairintake seal and lower clamp? and I believe the seal is like a rubber boot hith a hose clamp with 2 screws and the clamp is made of a hard plastic that is similar in appearance to a hose clamp...

Ok, that is the throttle body coolant manifold seal or gasket. Go to your auto parts store that sells parts for Japanese vehicles. Print and take the picture I sent and show it to them. That will help them match it in their parts catalogue.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.


Chris and 5 other Car Specialists are ready to help you