Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  25 years working as a service technician
43460220

How Do I Extend The Drivers Seat Belt?

How Do I Extend The Driver's Seat Belt?

Steve :

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Steve :

Is the concern the seat belt will not come out or the belt will not extend? is it stcuck and it will n

Steve :

not move

Steve :

Is the concern the seat belt will not come out or the belt will not extend? is it stuck and it will not move?

Customer:

The seat belt on the driver's side of my 2003 chevy cavalier (just purchased) is too short. I can't get it to latch. After purchasing a seat belt extender from Pep Boys, I see that it wants to be attached at the bottom end. Problem is the bottom end is covered in a plastic sheath. I cannot get to the bolt to undo it and connect the extender to the bottom. Does Chevy provide some clever way of undoing the seat belt bolt from the floor?

Steve :

You hVE TO REMOVE THE SET TO GET TO THAT PART OF THE BELT

Steve :

sorry caps lock was on

Customer:

I can see that removing the seat would give me room to work, but how does that help me find how to remove the bolt that attaches the bottom of the seat belt to the floor?

Steve :

Removing the seat belt from the floor is it going to help?

Customer:

In order to attach the extension to the end of the seat belt, I would have to remove the bottom of the seat belf from it's present connection to the floor. Then attach the extension the belt and restore the floor bolt. But I can't get to that bolt right now.

Steve :

If you remove the seat you will be able to get to it no problem.

Customer:

Thanks.