Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

daewoo lanos: How do I disable the key in the ignition warning

How do I disable the 'key in the ignition' warning chime? 2001 Lanos
Hello and thank you for using Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with your Daewoo question.

Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

The key warning buzzer switch wires are Orange and Blue/ Green. You can cut either of these wires at the steering column, or you can cut the Blue/Green at the chime module. The chime module is located under the drivers side of the dash, see picture below. If you need any additional information, please let me know.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Rather than cutting the wires, is there a way to disconnect it? Is that picture the chime modual and is there a connecter on that or a connecter behind the steering column? Thanks

There is a connector directly at the chime module. You can just disconnect the connector if you'd like. You will also lose your warning chimes for the headlights. ( if you leave your lights on and try to exit the car ) If you don't minde losing these chimes as well, just unplug the chime module. If you want to keep these chimes, cut the wire.