FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

suduki xl7: my temerature gauge is all over the place on my

my temerature gauge is all over the place on my suduki suv
i had in to my service garage and there is nothing wrong with the engin
what can i do to get itfixed\
there are no suduki dealers in niagara region ontario

FixItMan :

Hello, and thank you for letting us help you with your automotive question. Can you tell me when this typically occurs? Does it happen more when the engine is warm or cold? Does the check engine light come on?

Customer:

when i start the car gauge jumps to out of the temerature area

Customer:

no

Customer:

no engin light does not come on

FixItMan :

Thank you for the reply. I would start by locating the connection on the temperature sensor as shown below. While watching the gauge wiggle the connector and look for movement in the gauge. If it moves then the connection is faulty. If the connection is fine then you need a scanner to see what the computer is seeing. if the computer is seeing the same fluctuation then the sensor or the wiring is bad. If the computer is seeing a nice and steady temperature then the gauge is bad. It is common for the gauge motor to fail on this cluster.

Customer:

where can i have this done

Customer:

still don't know how to get it fixed

FixItMan :

Any good repair shop should be able to do this. This vehicle is not that complex and any shop with good equipment should be able to handle this. The picture below can also help them locate the sensor.

FixItMan :

Full Size Image