artssvc
artssvc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am an ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician and shop owner with over 30 years experience.
70285168

where is the cam sensor located on

where is the cam sensor located on

artssvc :

You are looking for #9 in the attached image. It is located in the rear cylinder head, to the rear of the power steering pump.

Full Size Image

Customer:

damn. my bad. I am looking for the crank sensor. sorry

artssvc :

ok... give me a bit

artssvc :

Front of the motor, next to the dipstick tube, hidden under the exhaust manifold.

Full Size Image

Customer:

great just found it. whats the easiest way to get it out of there?

Customer:

should i pull the starter?

artssvc :

The service manual says to remove the starter to access the sensor. Flat rate time is 1.4 hours.

Customer:

thats what i was affraid of. Anything that I need to be aware of on this thing. I work on diesel trucks mainly. This is a favor for my sister in law. Thanks for the info.

Customer:

It looks like the 2 bolts just drop it out of there

artssvc :

Yep 2 bolts to drop the starter... Don't forget to disconnect the battery before you start messing with the starter.

Customer:

yea already did that. figure I wasnt even going to get my hand in there with a wrench with out hitting the post.

Customer:

appreciate the info.

artssvc :

No problem