Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Plymouth voyager 1997 voyager: Hi, My sons transmission fluid

Customer Question
Hi, My sons transmission fluid...
Hi, My sons transmission fluid is bubbling in air vent, what is the problem. He is in BC on the road with 2 little kids
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Car
12/1/2012
Auto Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

please explain

tims auto repair :

is the fluid blowing out of the dipstick?

JACUSTOMER-aauoy5pa- :

no just out of the over flow

tims auto repair :

how long has it been doing this?

JACUSTOMER-aauoy5pa- :

1000KM since transmission rebuilt trouble for 2 weeks approximatelu

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

does it have all gears...is it working correctly?

JACUSTOMER-aauoy5pa- :

20,000 km since transmission rebuilt, has been doing this for a week , son says is is bubbling out dip stick and onto motor and smells burnt. having trouble family in vehicle

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

does it seem to shift correctly?

JACUSTOMER-aauoy5pa- :

no problem shifting just bubbling and stinking

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

if it is coming out of the vent

tims auto repair :

it sounds as if you have too much fluid in it

tims auto repair :

it is over full

JACUSTOMER-aauoy5pa- :

Will ask son, he is 1200 miles away someone said it could be the hydraulic pump. but wife did top up transmission. what vent do you mean

tims auto repair :

if it is coming out of the transmission vent

tims auto repair :

it is over full

tims auto repair :

i would think she put too much fluid in it

tims auto repair :

it will quit blowing it out when it gets enough out of it for it not to be too full

JACUSTOMER-aauoy5pa- :

would that be where the manifold is to cause stink ?

tims auto repair :

yes

tims auto repair :

it could be blowing it on the exhaust manifold

tims auto repair :

but

tims auto repair :

if it is leaking where the transmission joins the engine..you may have a big problem,,,the front seal may be blown

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate,,.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic