Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

isuzu trooper: i have a 95 isuzu trooper with a 3.2 with 1

Customer Question
i have a 95 isuzu...
i have a 95 isuzu trooper with a 3.2 with 1 cam over head, my problem is it high idles around 2500 rpm and the tranny light comes on and the tranny slips enless i shift it manualy but if i drive it every day it seems to go away Hmmmm?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2012
Auto Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

what gear does it seem to slip in?

JACUSTOMER-v8z34dv1- :

ok the high idle is my problem the sliping is not much of a problem i think that is more from just lack of use but it seems to happen at the same time but as of now tranny is shifting good and to answer your Question i have to shift it into L1 to start move its like its stuck in 3rd or OD but idle is stuck at 2700 rpms and after driven for a day or 2 or 3 it comes out of it and idles fine about 750 rpm or a bit less hope you can help tks:)

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

from the way you explain the problem with the idle and the transmission

tims auto repair :

the first thing to do here is to remove and clean the iac valve

tims auto repair :

Cleaning, Inspection, and Measurement Procedure
^ Clean the IAC valve O-ring sealing surface, pintle valve seat and air passage.
- Use carburetor cleaner and a parts cleaning brush to remove carbon deposits. Do not use a cleaner that contains methyl ethylketone. This is an extremely strong solvent and not necessary for this type of deposit.
- Shiny spots on the pintle are normal and do not indicate misalignment or a bent pintle shaft.
- If the air passage has heavy deposits, remove the throttle body for complete cleaning.
^ Inspect the IAC valve O-ring for cuts, cracks, or distortion. Replace the O-ring if damaged.
^ In order to install a new IAC valve, measure the distance between the tip of the pintle and the mounting flange. If that measurement is 28 mm (1.1 in.) or less, the valve needs no adjustment. If the measurement is greater than 28 mm (1.1 in.), apply finger pressure and retract the valve. The force required to retract the pintle on a new valve will not damage the valve, shaft, or pintle.

Notice: Do not push or pull on the IAC valve pintle on AC valves that have been in service. The force required to move the pintle may damage it.

Important: Use an identical replacement part in order to replace a valve. IAC valve pintle shape and diameter are designed for the specific application.

tims auto repair :
20_sz95troop_wm6e2-107a.png
Full Size Image
Sensors On Throttle Body

REMOVAL
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect idle air control (IAC) valve electrical connector.
3. Remove IAC valve attaching screw.
4. Remove IAC valve assembly.

CLEANING AND INSPECTION

CAUTION: On IAC valves that have been in service: Do not push or pull on the IAC valve pintle. The force required to move the pintle may damage the threads on the worm drive. Also, Do not soak the IAC valve in any liquid cleaner or solvent, as damage may result.

- Clean IAC valve O-ring sealing surface, pintle valve seat and air passage.
- Use carburetor cleaner and a parts cleaning brush to remove carbon deposits. Do Not use a cleaner that contains methyl ethyl ketone. It is an extremely strong solvent, and not necessary for this type of deposit.
- Shiny spots on the pintle or seat are normal, and do not indicate misalignment or a bent pintle shaft.
- If air passage has heavy deposits, remove throttle body for complete cleaning.
- Inspect IAC valve O-ring for cuts, cracks or distortion. Replace if damaged.
- If installing a new IAC valve, be sure to replace it with an identical part. IAC valve pintle shape and diameter are designed for the specific application.

42_sz95troop_wm6e2-127.png
Full Size Image
IAC Valve Measurement

MEASURE
This step is only needed if installing a New Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve.

^ Distance between tip of idle air control (IAC) valve pintle and mounting flange.
- If greater than 28 mm, finger pressure to slowly retract the pintle. The force required to retract the pintle of a new valve will not cause damage to the valve.

INSTALLATION
1. Install IAC valve assembly.
2. Install IAC valve attaching screw.
3. Connect IAC valve electrical connector.
4. Connect negative battery cable.
5. Start engine, check and adjust as necessary.
tims auto repair :

but...from the way you explain...

tims auto repair :

the problem may be the tps[throttle position sensor]

tims auto repair :

this is located on the side of the throttle body

tims auto repair :
51_sz94troop_etm201-001d.jpg
Full Size Image

Top Left Rear Of Engine
tims auto repair :
20_sz95troop_wm6e2-107a.png
Full Size Image
Sensors On Throttle Body

REMOVAL

Preparation:
- Battery negative cable.

1. Throttle Position (TP) sensor wiring connector
2. TP sensor fixing screw
3. TP sensor

INSTALLATION
3. TP sensor
2. TP sensor fixing screw

Tighten
Fixing screw to 2 Nm (18 lb. in).

Use a "Scan tool" to check TP sensor output voltage with throttle closed, should be under 0.85 volts. If over 0.85 volts, check for binding throttle shaft, or TP sensor lever. If all OK, replace TP sensor.

1. TP sensor wiring connector
tims auto repair :

thanks

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate,,.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

JACUSTOMER-v8z34dv1- :

i sorry that i havent time to work on the trooper but i will this weedend but sounds like you are on the right track after then i will rate tks

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

tht will be fine

tims auto repair :

JACUSTOMER-v8z34dv1- :

it was carbon build up just cleaned it with a brush and some carbcleaner and presstooo tks for your time..

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic