Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Peugeot boxer: hi boxer 2.5 07 plate immobiliser light wont

hi boxer 2.5 07 plate...

hi boxer 2.5 07 plate immobiliser light wont go off and van wont start is the immobiliser the box attached to the fuse box drivers side and is there an emergency start procedure or a way to find out if this is an immobiliser fault or some thing other causing the problem thanks allan..Figured out the Q about where the immobiliser is also tried the procedure where you input the code using the accelerator pedal but the light just stays on and never starts flashing.what type of diagnostic hardware do I need to access the fault codes etc thanks allan..

11/18/2012
Pete, Technician
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

hi pete yes I still need help with this .Have since found out that the battery went flat and was removed for recharging,need more info on how to proceed.may have corrupted the software or maybe the transponder key now requires to be reprogrammed. thanks for any info and help allan..

Relist: Other.
have not had an answer yet
Was the battery flat when you went to try and start the vehicle the very first time you found this problem occurring or did it go flat when trying to correct the problem?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

the problem happened when the van was left for a few weeks and the battery went flat then.after having it recharged this problem occured so I believe the two are very linked also to explain I have just aquired the van with this problem inheirent thanks allan..

O.k.,its difficult to pinpoint the fault for sure from here but it may be that a dealer may just have to reprogram the theft system on this vehicle or that one of the immobilizer components has failed and is causing this issue.

The best thing to do is to have a shop/dealer check the fault codes in all of the computers to see what codes have set.Then from there they can test/check to locate either the failed component or if a relearn is needed they can relearn the immobilizer system.This is a difficult question to fully answer from here and this is the best way to locate what is causing this issue.

Thanks Pete.
Pete, Technician
Pete, Technician