How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CarQuestionGuy Your Own Question
CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 1259
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN
Type Your Car Question Here...
CarQuestionGuy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im desperately searching for a hub removal tool for a 72 Triumph

This answer was rated:

I'm desperately searching for a hub removal tool for a 72 Triumph Spitfire and I'm having zero luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to answer your question.

Here is a good source for a hub puller:

And here is a video that explains how to use it:

You can also watch Ebay. There are some on their periodically:

Does this answer your question?
CarQuestionGuy and 8 other Car Specialists are ready to help you
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I suppose I should have clarified - I know what tool I need, and I know how to use it. I can't FIND the tool - at least in the US. The one on Ebay is sold and Canley is a British company. Thanks for the information, I do appreciate the quick response but it's not really helpful.

You have very limited options for locating this tool in the U.S. as you have already found!
Probably your best bet is to register for several Triumph forums and check with several of your closest Triumph clubs. Many times they have one that other members will loan out.
If you are good with building things like this you could build one. This is how one guy did it:

There is also more plans here (you have to register first):,715279,page=1

These tools aren't even manufactured any more. There is one guy in the UK that makes them but not in the US. I've told you all of the ways that I know to get them.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I finally found a solution locally.

Great! How did you get one?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There's a small auto shop who has one. They won't lend it out but will do the work. That's the direction I'm going to go. Thanks again.

Wow, great. I'm surprised there is a shop that has one. I'm glad you found it. Good luck!