Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

I hava a Bentley 2009 GTC iI have two fault lights roof

Customer Question

I hava a Bentley 2009 GTC iI have two fault lights roof malfunction and low battery key. There is no problem with roof this indicator came on and was shut of by dealer. I replaced battery in key. How can I shut of indicators.
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.
Eurocar Inc. :

Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. Quality research = Quality answer!!

Eurocar Inc. :

a scan tool can only clear the faults

Eurocar Inc. :

usually if the dealer has cleared the roof fault and the indicator comes back on then there is still a fault with the system

Eurocar Inc. :

a scan of the modules are needed

Eurocar Inc. :

please also check the battery again i have seen at times that the contacts of the battery of the remote is poor and can cause the light to remain on.

Eurocar Inc. :

please try to make better contact with the battery at the remote side and recheck

Eurocar Inc. :

please lket me know

Eurocar Inc. :

thanks

JACUSTOMER-ums2040v- :

I already new the info you provided please provide a more detail. It is not unusal for the roof indicator to display false indication, I am looking for away to eliminate going to the dealer. The above is not a reasonable response to my question.

Eurocar Inc. : I'm sorry but I'm a factory technician. There are very few scan tools that can help you in your situation. It is not that simple of removing a bulb to eliminate the fault light. I do know that there are few Bentley dealers and the cost ...... I will not go there. That is the truth.
Eurocar Inc. : Yes it is unusual to have a roof fault indication. There is something not right.
Eurocar Inc. : I'm here to help !!