Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1954 Bel Air: clutch and pressure plate..shift gears..push..it grinds
Wes Harrison
Wes Harrison, Owner
1954 Bel Air. Just replaced the clutch and pressure plate and I can no longer shift gears. When I push in the clutch and attempt to shift it grinds as if I am not pushing in the clutch. I have read th… read more
clutch pedal, but cannot shift gears..hydraulic fluid..hoses
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Master Tech
If you push on the clutch pedal, but cannot shift gears, without forcing it in gear. The hydraulic fluid is full, i have checked all lines, and hoses. What could cause this problem?… read more
95 SAAB: IT SHIFTING HARD GRINDING MY GEARS..MASTER CYLINDER..HOOD
Elated Technician
Elated Technician, Service Technician
I HAVE A 2000 95 SAAB AND IT SHIFTING HARD GRINDING MY GEARS AND I HAVE TO PUSH DOWN HARD ON THE CLUTCH PEDAL DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER AND WHERE THE HECK IS THE CLUTCH FLUID RES… read more
shift..gear, it sounds like it wants to go into reverse, but will not
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
when car is not started, you can push the clutch and get the it to go in to gear, when you start it, push in the clutch, the car will not shift in to any gear, it sounds like it wants to go into rever… read more
1994 mazda: I engage the clutch..truck jumps forward does not start.
James, High School or GED
I have a 1994 mazda truck,When I engage the clutch and turn the key to start the truck jumps forward does not start.I know it's something to do the clutch,… read more
1994 trooper: 4wd..engage..gears without using clutch at all..grinding
Richard, Associate Degree
I have a 1994 trooper that has good clutch pedal, shifts in and out of 4wd fine with clutch, but will not engage in gear at all. I can shift though all gears without using clutch at all. No grinding o… read more
Mazda: automatic gear shift..gears engage..parked it last night
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
This morning my Mazda Eunos 1994 started nicely, but the automatic gear shift suddenly does not work to make the gears engage in any gear. I had parked it last night and shifted to "park" as usual. No… read more
1994 chrysler intrepid: shift gears..lucas tranny cleaner..overdrive
JOHN
JOHN, High School or GED
does a 1994 crysler intrepid have a shift moduale and would that cause the car to shift gears or get stuck in a gear it has a 3.5 engine i put Lucas tranny cleaner in it and after about 2 weeks it sta… read more
1993 Mazda Miata: clutch..neutral..5th..shifter linkage is mis aligned
bobby
bobby, shop foreman
My 1993 Mazda Miata has the transmission stuck in gear. When I push the clutch in it goes to neutral and the shift will go into the 5th and reverse position but the car only moves forward. I think the… read more
1994 isuzu rodeo: wheel drive 5-speed manuel trans..clutch..adjusted
CarQuestionGuy
CarQuestionGuy, auto mechanic
my 1994 isuzu rodeo 2-wheel drive 5-speed manuel trans. will not shift in gear when truck is running. can clutch be adjusted?… read more
4th gear,it grinds as if Im not pushing the clutch..linkage
CarQuestionGuy
CarQuestionGuy, auto mechanic
I have a 1978 fiat spyder.Runs great.However,as I shift into 4th gear,it grinds as if I''m not pushing the clutch all the way in.I was going to check the linkage,but found out it''s not like my plymou… read more
1996 Jeep Cherokee: 4x4..gears..clutch..tension when I push it in
CTDAN
CTDAN, heavy equipment mechanic
I have a 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 When the vehicle is on I am unable to shift into or out of gear when it is off I can run through all the gears. The clutch feels normal as far as tension when I push it… read more
I have a 2015 Scion FR-s and when I push the clutch pedal in
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, self employed
i have a 2015 Scion FR-s and when I push the clutch pedal in the car makes a whinning soun sound* … read more
1994 Mazda MX-3: The clutch pedal does not return..depress..shift
scott bennett
scott bennett, High School or GED
I have a 1994 Mazda MX-3 1.6L. The clutch pedal does not return when I depress it. I was able to shift when I moved the pedal back and forth with my hands.… read more
350 Econoline: clutch does not engage when I turn on the ac...and cab
Wydranator
Wydranator, Retired Corrections officer
I have a r-12 system on my 350 Econoline class c mtr hm. The clutch does not engage when I turn on the ac. What is causing this and cab ifix it myself?… read more
1996 Dodge Ram 1500: 2wd, reg cab..it revs up to about 45
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
Hi, I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500, auto, 2wd, Reg cab. I have noticed the truck struggling to shift gears when driving down the road. At this point, usually it revs up to about 45, 50mph before kicking… read more
93 chevy: 4x4,standered transmision,5.7 L will push in clutch and put
HondaPlatinum
93 chevy silverado, 4x4,standered transmision,5.7 L will push in clutch and put into gear. Truck's clutch seems to get soft and truck begins to take off on its own, while clutch is pressed. Truck does… read more
Sometimes when I push the start button it does not work and
Jagmaster
Jagmaster, Bachelor's Degree
sometimes when I push the start button it does not work and have to push it several times. does the key phob need a battery … read more