Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1999 town and country, the blower motor only works..relay..resister
Dan, Auto Technician
I have 1999 town and country, the blower motor only works at times. Normally in morning when it's cold, a few times when I shut the door hard or hit the dash. I have replaced the blower relay and blow… read more
runs perfectly..driven for a long time, it shifts very rough..2nd gear
Jim
Jim, Service Manager
It runs perfectly until it is driven for a long time. Especially in heavy traffic, after it has been driven for a long time, it shifts very rough, mostly going in and out of 1st and 2nd gear. The flui… read more
1993 Mercury Sable: few minutes..coil,spark plugs..distributor cap
Ron Z.
Ron Z., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1993 Mercury Sable that blow the ignition fuse when start the car or put in gear or run for a few minutes then blows. I have replaced the coil,spark plugs,spark plug wires,and the distributor… read more
I have a deisel engined car that..starts normally..glow plugs
dave oneill
dave oneill, self employed
I have a deisel engined car that will not start when it is very cold but starts normally at all other times. I have recently had a new battery and glow plugs. Any ideas?… read more
Hyundai sonata: starts fine..acts..getting fuel..No check engine light
Glenn
Glenn, Technician/Trainer
i have a hyundia sonata 2002 it starts fine when it warm but when it gets cold or if it started then sits for a long time when it gets cold it acts like it is not getting fuel and has a hard time star… read more
it heats up to normal running temperature..few seconds..my foot..rpm
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
Since that time, when it heats up to normal running temperature, it dies when I come to a stop light after a few seconds. I have cleaned the idle control, replaced the heat sensor. If I keep my foot o… read more
96 olds: ciera..start run..gear wants to sputter or just quit
Frank
Frank, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
96 olds ciera will start run but when put in gear wants to sputter or just quit. Better when cold… read more
Magnum: I have to crank over a few times before it..sits..first turn
supertech
supertech, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 5.9 magnum in my truck that I have to crank over a few times before it starts whether hot or cold if it sits. It used to start on the first turn of the key and is gradually getting worse . My… read more
2005 Kia Sportage: starts fine..replaced spark plugs..throttle body
Mauricio
Mauricio, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My 2005 Kia Sportage has hard start when it's cold; runs perfectly,and starts fine as long as it's still warm. Dealer replaced spark plugs, wires and throttle body, but can't seem to figure out what's… read more
78 LeMans: accelerator pedal..dies..accelerator until its warmed up (
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
I have a 78 LeMans, 305 motor. It requires me to pump the accelerator pedal, more than a few times, when starting cold. It also dies if i dont lightly hold the accelerator until its warmed up (about a… read more
2000 Isuzu Rodeo: normal cold start after the car sits..cranks..warm
William B
William B, Associate Degree
I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. I'm having a longer than normal cold start after the car sits for a while. It cranks normal during a warm start. I've had my battery replaced, and starter and alternator tes… read more
1989 ford probe: a few seconds when starting fluid..sprayed..wont even
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
1989 ford probe was sitting for 2 years . when trying to start it would run for a few seconds when starting fluid was sprayed into the air duct. now it wont even do that. I have added water remover an… read more
Have a Holden Astra 2003 and have just driven it, but now
Gary
Gary, Gold Certified Technician
Have a Holden Astra 2003 and have just driven it, but now parked. When started again, the car is running, the gear stick moves through the options, but the light remains in park, no matter what is done. Therefore cannot move. Any suggestions??? … read more
2006 PT Cruiser: stalls after being driven..sputters..stay started
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
My 2006 PT Cruiser stalls after being driven for an hour or so, then sitting for a few hours. I go to start it and it sputters and stalls. Will not stay started. What could cause this problem? The dea… read more
my mg-zt cdti 52 plate starts..runs perfectly..to 2 mins to start
Matt, Engineer
My MG-ZT CDTI '52' plate starts perfectly at cold, runs perfectly but after it has stopped and I go to start it again it can up to 2 mins to start, got put on a computer and it came up as PIEOO CAN BU… read more
Van starts..ignition key is turnedon..the dash lights
Dan, Auto Technician
Van starts perfectly normal every morning. Various times throughout the day the van will not start. The ignition key is turnedon, all the dash lights go on and then nothing happens. If you turn the ke… read more
99 saturn: driven..awhile..restart..electrical..battery load test
diagman
diagman, Store leader
My 99 saturn starts and runs when cold and driven for awhile but then when warm and shut off and try to restart all systems seem to get power but no turn over or ingnition. Problem is intermittant and… read more
1997 GMC S15 Jimmy: transmission problems..it runs perfectly..warms
Virtual Wrench
I have a 1997 GMC S15 Jimmy with transmission problems. When the engine and transmission are cold it runs perfectly. When the system warms up the transmission stays in 3d gear. I get a code "785 shift… read more