internal88
internal88, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working with automotive industry for almost 20 years. I also have an engineering background. Saving one car at a time.
63512786

looking to buy a new small hatchback/wagon with longest trunk space. automatically assumin

Customer Question

looking to buy a new small hatchback/wagon with longest trunk space. automatically assuming back 2 seats will be foldable to ground for bigger trunk space. having in-built GPS (with bigger screen) and leather seating is highly desirable in the order. prefer not to go above 20K.
cars in mind are toyota matrix, subaru impreza, honda cr-v.
Category: Car
Expert:  internal88 replied 5 years ago.

Customer:

Hello and welcome.

1. Toyota matrix, Subaru Impreza and Honda CRV> All these models are good choice and options you need. These are the exactly model that I would pick. They are reliable, low cost maintenance and high resale value. I would pick the CRV for the styling and height.

2. I would also look into the Mazda 3 the starting price is in the high 19k. It might go over your budget. This is another car that has all your need.

3. Scion XB has a big trunk space under 20K but does not offer a built in GPS with Big screen.

4. Toyota RAV 4 is very nice choice too but it is way over 20K

JACUSTOMER-8mn2fgry- :

I am expecting an answer with some measurements and features included. I haven't got the answer I am looking for to start with.

Customer:

ok, I will get you that information.

Customer:

I will get that information for you either tonight or tomorrow AM.

JACUSTOMER-8mn2fgry- :

OK. I am looking more of with longest trunk space and also that has features like in-built GPS screen and leather seatings. much appreciate your help.

Customer:

1. Honda CRV – Maximum cargo capacity is 37 cubic feet, available GPS navigation system and leather seating.

1. Matrix – Maximum cargo capacity is 19.8 cubic feet. No leather seat and No built in GPS.

Subaru Impreza - Maximum cargo capacity is 18.2 cubic feet. Available GPS navigation system and no leather seat.

Customer:

The Honda CRV will be suitable for you and it offers more options than the Toyota Matrix and Subaru Impreza.

Customer:

I think you will enjoy driving the Honda CRV.

Customer:

Let me know what you think.

Customer:

The CRV ‘s satellite linked Navigation system uses voice recognition. The screen is wide enough for you to see at any angles. The system is intuitive and easy to use.

The rear seat offers 60/40 split rear seat that folds down so you have a lot of trunk space. You can actually fold up the rear seat. Therefore extend the trunk space even longer.

You will make a good choice buying a Honda CRV.

Customer:

The Subaru Impreza offers GPS navigation system with voice activation. It does have a 60/40 split fold down rear seats. When the rear seat lowered it will give a maximum cargo volume of 52.4 cubic feet. Leather-trimmed upholstery is only available for the Limited level (Highest).

Customer:

The Toyota Matrix does not have the in-dash GPS navigation system. It does have a 60/40 split fold down rear seats. When the rear seat lowered it will give a maximum cargo volume of 49.4 cubic feet. Leather seat is not available for any models. Only sport fabric-trimmed is available.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

kindly read my question again. i expected an answer from an expert not the info i can find with in 2 mins. i didn't see anything more than what i already mentioned.

You gave a bad rating! I took my time to write it out for you. I read your question very carefully. Am I missing something?. I did recommend the Honda CRV it has all amenities that you are looking for. Long trunk space, built end in GPS and leather seating. What are you really asking? Doyle you want to learn the technical part of this car's engine? Give me some specific questions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

hi ineternal88,

my requirements are <20K, GPS NAV + Leather & longest trunk.

first you started giving me biggest trunk. and i expect you to consider all my requirements and if nothing fits that requirement you can ask me what i can forgo or you can suggest me. that is what i expected. not simply lookup what I already told you "i am considering" i expected your suggestions.

anyway finally i did my own research and added nissan versa hatchback. it is <20K, with gps nav.

I apologize for the confusion. I would recommend the Honda fit and Hyundai elantra gt in this order. The Honda fit has everything you need under 20k. It has a large trunk and tall headroom. You should consider visiting the dealers.