proautotech
proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech
67965572

H3: I have a 2007 Hummer H3 with manual drivers seat that I

I have a 2007 Hummer H3 with manual drivers seat that I want to convert to power. Have bought a power seat base from salvage yard out of a 2009 H3, it has 8-way power with power lumbar. They are sending as much wiring harness as possible. Switching should be pretty staight forward but my concern is spicing the wiring.

Thanks,
Michael

proautotech :

Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

proautotech :

Hello

proautotech :

You should already have the plugs available.

proautotech :

When you remove the seat you will find a small hole in the carpet.

proautotech :

There will be a plug that is pre wired for your vehicle to have the power seat option.

proautotech :

You plug it in and all will be working like it should.

Customer:

I had to buy the complete seat so not wanting to pay that much shipping I am having them ttake seat off of base, the power seat has power lumbar so I asked them to take out with base, this should just slip up in my seat after removing manual lumbar?

proautotech :

Yes

proautotech :

They are interchangeable

.

proautotech :

Also they all come off assembly line the same. Options can be added ect anytime. So they do not remove the plug on the manual seat models.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

After doing a little research I found there are two major plugs that plug in under back of power seat, I checked my H3 out last night and it has one plugged in now under manual seat I felt under carpet but did not feel a second, you think it is under there somewhere? Also will I have to have anything done to computer by adding power seat?

This would be located inside the carpet. There will be a slit in the carpet. It will be tucked inside there.