Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,
65581030

Intrepid: Have a 2000 dodge Intrepid. Two days in a row had

Have a 2000 dodge Intrepid. Two days in a row had to get a jump to get it started. Went looking for a current leak that was discharging the battery. With car off I disconnected the Neg battery cable and installed an amp meter in the line. Found the car was drawing about 3.5 Amps of current while off, more than enough to discharge the battery over night. Started pulling fuses and found the fuse marked TCM caused the drain to drop from 3.5 to 0.5 amps. Is this normal or is a short or what is the problem?
TCM is the transmission control module( transmission control computer) I didn't look up the exact unit for your car. Here is the address of a Chrysler one so you can find it...http://carcomputerexchange.com/Chrysler/concorde/2000-00-Chrysler-concorde-tcm-transmission-control-module/prod_367.html... I would start by disconnecting the output side to see if the draw is at the computer or at the transmission.Thanks for coming too Just Answers. Jim!!! If I can be of more assistance don't be afraid to come back.