GearheadBrown
GearheadBrown, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 Years various auto repair and diagnosis. Nissan Specialist technician. ASE Master certified.
70092223

How do you reset a airbag service light.

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2007 chevy silverado. 4x4. Pickup truck. 87,000 mi. V8. Disconnected battery.

Bob,

I will send this question over to the Chevy category.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok

As you have found out, the SIR, or Supplemental Inflatable Restraint system, will not clear any service codes simply by disconnecting the battery.

The only way to reset the light is to use a diagnostic scan tool that is capable or interacting with the SIR system. If you know anybody with a Tech 2 scan tool (GM's diagnostic tool), they should have no problem hooking up and resetting, assuming the problem has been repaired.

If you have not had the cause of the light diagnosed yet, then you will need to retrieve the code from the SIR module, and repair whatever fault is causing the light to come on.

Please let me know if you require further assistance in this matter.
GearheadBrown, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 10 Years various auto repair and diagnosis. Nissan Specialist technician. ASE Master certified.