K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Holden LX Rodeo V6: Hi, I am trying to bypass the heater coil

Hi, I am trying to bypass the heater coil in my Holden Rodeo 1999 V6 ute. I have coolant leaking into the cabin and wish to disconnect the heater by running a loop in the hoses so water is fed back straight into the engine. Is there a diagram I could get emailed to me or some sort of reference I can go to to make sure I conduct the bypass successfully?
Thanks, Ben.
I would be glad to help you. There will two hoses about 15-19mm in diameter that run from the engine the the firewall. These are the ones that feed water to the heater core. To be 100 percent sure its them crank up the truck and they will get warm. Once you have made sure its those two hoses, cut them about 60mm before they enter the firewall. Now find a coupler at the parts store that will fit inside them. Place one on each end of coupler and tighten. Double check coolant level in radiator. You are now done.