Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Isuzu: I have a 2005 Isuzu Ascender and the speedometor do

I have a 2005 Isuzu Ascender and the speedometor do not work properly, Is this operated by a cable or is it a sensor? Is this something that I can fix myself?
HI,

The speedometer receives a signal electronically from the Vehicle Speed Sensor which is located on the paasenger side of the transmission at the tailshaft just before where the driveshaft attaches to it.

It takes maybe 15 minutes to replace

graphic

graphic

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

View Full Image

It takes maybe 15 minutes to replace

graphic
View Full Image

graphic
View Full Image

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and expert is not paid for their time, knowledge or services until you do so.

Please note that the JA site is experiencing reported temporary technical difficulties with the new rating system. This will be resolved shortly. If the site does not accept your rating, please kindly respond that you accept my answer and how you would rate my level of service. This will ensure that I receive the proper rating and credit for my time. Thank you

THIS IS A PAYSITE