George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

Have a 92 Typhoon. Dealer always put Mobile 1 in for years.Just

Have a 92 Typhoon. Dealer always put Mobile 1 in for years.Just found out that they put in regular motor oil 2-3 years ago. can I change back to Mobile 1 without any problems?

Hello I will help you with your question,

Yes there is no problem going back to the mineral based oil. The "Synthetic" blend oils are a blend of mineral and Synthetic.

Let me know how I can help you with this

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service not the content as you may not like the answer but it is the truth. Only rate when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to click the lower two ratings they are negative feedback that sticks on my record so please STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek to secure a positive rating.

Please let me know if the rating box is missing or you are unable to rate for any reason

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Isn't Mobile 1 all synthetic?

Yes it is, my point is that you can go either way if you want. Full synthetic, synthetic blend or all mineral based. The oils today are all compatible with each other so you can run what you want.

The synthetic will take more heat but if you keep up with the oil changes they will not lubricate any better than the good mineral oils.

If you want to go back to the Mobil 1 there will not be any issues doing so.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
your answer was wrong. I was NOT going back to mineral oil I wanted to go back to all synthetic of course which Mobile 1 is. not a blend.

I understand what you wanted to do. You can go either direction and my example of what is being sold was to point out that both mineral and synthetic are compatible so you can go either direction or run half and half if you wish.

Both types of oil have advantages and disadvantages so run what you are comfortable with, the engine will be fine with either formulation.

Please let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
don'nt care how you spin it but it WAS NOT the truth.Admit you screwed up......
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You are a waste of my time.... GOOD BYE!!!!!!