FlatRat572
FlatRat572, KIA MASTER ELITE
Experience:  ASE certified,KIA Master Elite,10+ years KIA experience
26974615

MY 2011 TUSCAN WILL NOT SHIFT IN REVERSE AT TIME ,WILL NOT

MY 2011 TUSCAN WILL NOT SHIFT IN REVERSE AT TIME ,WILL NOT SHIFT OUT OF DRIVE WITHOUT TURNING ENGINE OFF THEN BACK ON,,AND THE TRACTION LIGHT AND DOWN HILL LIGHT COME ON AT THESE TIMES

I'm ready to answer your Hyundai questions right now.

Sorry to hear your having this problem with your New Hyundai.
This is a fairly common issue that we have been seeing recently, and is a simple enough repair....

The problem is in the brake pedal stop lamp switch....And this will need to be replaced as soon as possible.

the problem with the switch is that it is not sending out the correct signal to the shifter to tell it to release the locks.

If your vehicle is still under the factory warranty(under 60,000 miles) this repair will be done at no cost to you, at your local Hyundai Dealer...If vehicle is out of warranty, the cost of replacement of this part including labor, is around 60.00-70.00 dollars

Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, after rating my help please reply via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the answers you seek for this question.