Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

isuzu Rodeo: hello,i just bought a 6cyl.1995 isuzu rodeo 4wd.

hello,i just bought a 6cyl.1995 isuzu rodeo 4wd. it has 2 buttons on the end of the console .1 labeledpower,1 labeled winter.is this grip assist?how does it work? thank you.
Yes it is the Winter button is used in slight slushy snow and gives you extra grip but in heavy snow use theXXXXXThe power button It helps you by changing gears differently such as holding one gear longer on a hard pull on a hill with a camper or starting out and staying in 1st gear longer when pulling a camper etc. It doesn't give you more horsepower. Using that button simply reschedules the RPM at which the transmission will shift and is used largely for towing. If you tow anything heavy up a long hill and don't use it, the transmission will likely up shift and downshift continually trying to carry the load. This button keeps you in the down shifted gear instead of overreaching for the next gear.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.