Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

fiat strada wont start

fiat strada won't start, batery is fine. Think it is something with the alternator. Anything I can do/check as a temporary ficks?! Can't bring it to the garage for the next 10 days! Only tried push starting and start cables ones. It didn't work but maybe we did something wrong or there are special things to think of with these actions when the first problem isn't the battery but the alternator....
Does the vehicle crank over?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nope, I just hear a clicking sound and something trying to turn/ strugeling to spin when i keep the key turned into startting position
Ok sounds like the starter has failed was this checked?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I only have limited knowledge of cars and am doing most things myself, havent really checked the starter cause I don't know what I need to look for and where I need to look....

Ok you need to see if there is power and ground at the starter when you are cranking over the vehicle if there is the starter is bad and needs to be replaced.From your description it sounds like the starter has failed.I would check this next .Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will go and check this but if it is the starter is there any temporary solution to it? Or is the only option to get it towed to the garage?!
The only option is to replace it yourself which is not to hard or have a mobile mechanic come to you which will save money on the tow.If the starter is bad it will need to be replaced.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.
Did you need any further assistance?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Im in south africa and it is dark out here already so can't keep working on the car for now. I will see again tomorrow what my further actions will be. just have one more question. Could the alternater have any influence on the starter and/our could it have caused the problem with the starter?

Thanx for your help.

No the alternator will not affect the starter the battery ground would .These are what need to be checked next.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.