Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

How do i set the injection pump timing on a 4.81 isuzu die

sel...
How do i set the injection pump timing on a 4.81 isuzu die sel
7/2/2012
Tim's Auto Repair

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

what is the year?

Customer:

2000 w4500

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

just a moment

Customer:

ok

tims auto repair :

sorry...i dont have the specs for this year

tims auto repair :

i will opt out

tims auto repair :

one of the other guys may have it

Customer:

what happens next

tims auto repair :

someone will be right with you

Customer:

thank you

tims auto repair :

just stand by

tims auto repair :

someone will take this up

Customer:

thanks

tims auto repair :

dont leave a rating

tims auto repair :

save it for the next guy

tims auto repair :

thanks

Customer:

is anyone here

Customer:

have not heard from anyone yet

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

no one has picked up your question yet?

Customer:

no not yet and im in a bad position to get this done

tims auto repair :

i will give it a shot here....

Full Size Image

tims auto repair :

Full Size Image

Customer:

do you have the specs tp set crank damper at

tims auto repair :

let me check

tims auto repair :

look at the last picture i sent

tims auto repair :

you set the crank with the flywheel

tims auto repair :

take out the plug

tims auto repair :

you dont use the pulley

Customer:

you just install the pump and turn crank to set it so its timed through the pump not engine

tims auto repair :

when you set the flywheel mark..the crank is in the right place

Customer:

i dont want to sound but i didnt see a mark on flywheel

tims auto repair :

did you remove the peep hole plug?

Customer:

yeah but look at the first step in the directions maybe im reading it wrong

tims auto repair :

this is wanting you to get on the compression stroke

tims auto repair :

the marks are on the flywheel,,not the pulley

Customer:

thats what i thought thats why i wondered if you had the correct number of degress

tims auto repair :

set it on 13deg

tims auto repair :

it has a 13deg mark..or it should

Customer:

im not a diesel mechanic i got suckered into this the timing tab is pitted and cant read it

tims auto repair :

i see

tims auto repair :

maybe use some sand paper in the hole and turn the engine

Customer:

i just dont want to put it in 180 out want to make sure im on compression stroke

tims auto repair :

this may clean it enough to see the marks

tims auto repair :

follow the directions in picture one...it will be right

Customer:

this timing tab is on the right side down low with lines on it

tims auto repair :

the lines sould be on the flywheel

Customer:

ill double check and let you know

tims auto repair :

ok...just take your time,,do it as instructed...it will be right

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Tim's Auto Repair
you are very welcome,,,
thanks for using justanswer
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic