Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

How do I change my car oil?

Customer Question

How do I change my car oil?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

tims auto repair :

what is the year make and model?

Customer :

subaru impreza

tims auto repair :

year?

tims auto repair :

what year is the subaru

Customer :

2011

tims auto repair :
011 Subaru Impreza F4-2.5L SOHC
Engine Oil Service and Repair, Removal and Replacement

REPLACEMENT

CAUTION:
If the engine oil is spilt over exhaust pipe or the under cover, wipe it off with cloth to avoid emitting smoke or causing a fire.

1) Open the engine oil filler cap for quick draining of engine oil.
2) Lift up the vehicle.
3) Drain engine oil by loosening the engine oil drain plug.

NOTE:
Prepare the container for draining of engine oil.

41_sb11impre_lu-009b.png
Full Size Image

4) Tighten the engine oil drain plug after draining engine oil.

NOTE:
Use a new drain plug gasket.

Tightening torque:
44 Nm (4.5 kgf-m, 32.5 ft-lb)

96_sb11impre_lu-009c.png
Full Size Image

5) Lower the vehicle.
6) Using engine oil of proper quality and viscosity, fill engine oil through the filler duct to the "F" line on the oil level gauge. Make sure that the vehicle is parked on a level surface when checking oil level.

Recommended oil:
Refer to "SPECIFICATION" for recommended oil.

Engine oil capacity:
Refer to "SPECIFICATION" for engine oil capacity.

7) Close the engine oil filler cap.
8) Start the engine to circulate the oil in engine room.
9) After stopping the engine, recheck the oil level. If necessary, add engine oil up to the "F" line on oil level gauge.

66_sb11impre_lu-010a.png
Full Size Image

tims auto repair :

2011 Subaru Impreza F4-2.5L SOHC
Oil Filter Service and Repair, Removal and Replacement

Engine Oil Filter

REMOVAL

CAUTION:

1) Lift up the vehicle.
2) Remove the oil filter.
^ Oil filter (Black)
Remove using the ST.
ST 18332AA000 OIL FILTER WRENCH (OUTER DIAMETER: 68 MM (2.68 IN) FOR OIL FILTER)
^ Oil filter (Blue)
Remove using a general tool (65/67 mm 14 Flutes).

28_sb11impre_lu-021a.png
Full Size Image

INSTALLATION

CAUTION:
Do not tighten excessively, or oil may leak.

1) Clean the oil filter installing surface of cylinder block.
2) Obtain a new oil filter and apply a thin coat of engine oil to the seal rubber.
3) Install the oil filter turning it by hand, being careful not to damage the seal rubber of the oil filter.
^ Tighten the oil filter (Black) with an outer diameter of 68 mm (2.68 in) (approx. 1 rotation) after the seal rubber of the oil filter comes in contact with cylinder block. When using a torque wrench, tighten to 14 Nm (1.4 kgf-m, 10.3 ft-lb).
^ Tighten the oil filter (Blue) with an outer diameter of 67.4 mm (2.65 in) (approx. 7/8 rotation) after the seal rubber of the oil filter comes in contact with cylinder block. When using a torque wrench, tighten to 12 Nm (1.2 kgf-m, 8.9 ft-lb).
4) Lower the vehicle.
5) After installing, check the engine oil level and replenish it if necessary.

INSPECTION

1) After installing the oil filter, run the engine and check for oil leakage around seal rubber.

NOTE:
The filter element and filter case are permanently jointed; therefore, interior cleaning is not necessary.

2) Check the engine oil level

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP