Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

my heater/cooler fan only works in the no 4 position

Customer Question
what could be the problem...
my heater/cooler fan only works in the no 4 position what could be the problem and how do ifix it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/5/2012
Auto Mechanic: sean, Technician replied 5 years ago
sean
sean, Technician

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

This fault is usually due to the heater fan resistor failing. When the fan speed is set to number 4 then the resistor assembly is by-passed which is why the fan works on this speed. The resistor is up behind the dash, if you look up from the foot well behind the glove box you should see it on the heater box, it will have a connector with 4 wires to it and should be held in place by a screw.

Let me know if I can assist any further and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Best wishes,

Sean.

sean
sean, Technician
sean
sean
sean, Technician