Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Suzuki: ac in my 2005 xl..my mechanic drove..dealership

Customer Question

Persistant problems with the AC in my 2005 XL7 - hasn't worked correctly for past 2 summers - multiple mechanics have tried to fix - each time they get it working - but after a couple days it stops working. Last summer my mechanic drove it to the Suzuki dealership and spoke to a mechanic there who tried to help him out - still not working - please help as I'm not looking forward to another Jersey summer with no A/C. Note: I am the original owner of the vehicle. Thanks 4 your help. Cindy
Category: Car
Expert:  Dj replied 5 years ago.

Dj :

Hello Cindy, Thank you for trusting your question to Just Answer. I'm Dj.

Dj :

Do you know what they've done to get the system working for a while?

JACUSTOMER-eerskcdx- :

no I don't. I thought I was going to get an answer from a Suzuki XL7 expert

Dj :

I can opt out of you like, or I can continue to try to help you. I am a certified master mechanic and I have Suzuki experience.

Dj :

It's your choice.

JACUSTOMER-eerskcdx- :

do you know how to solve the problem or are you just going to give suggestions?

Dj :

The most likely problem is a small leak in the system. When they work on it, they refill the system with refrigerent and it works for a while until the refrigerent leaks out.

Dj :

But there is no way to know what's wrong with the car without diagnosing it. I would put dye in the system so that when it leaks out, the problem is easily seen with an ultra violet light.

I'll opt out and put your question back into the expert pool. But anybody that tells you they now what's wrong with your vehicle is guessing.

Dj :
Dj :

Dj