proautotech
proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech
67965572

1998 Isuzu amigo: wheel drive..exhaust..cam sprockets..cylinder

Customer Question

I have 1998 Isuzu amigo 2.2literXXXXXwith a blown head gasket.I already have the exhaust & intake ready to pull the head. I need to know what to mark before i pull the head (crank pulley , both the cam sprockets) If I mark all there position & don't turn the engine can they go back just the same without any damage or due I need to put 1 cylinder tdc to reassemble . I don't want to take the gas line loose on the intake can I leave it attached and lay the intake over to the side .
What should I look for on the head for for damage before reassembly?
The engine never really got hot but ghas been used for heavy pulling etc...
Full details with pictures for the answer will be helpful . thank you for the help, have a good day & wish me luck.
Category: Car
Expert:  proautotech replied 5 years ago.

proautotech :

Hello

proautotech :

I can provide you with the steps. You should set the engine at TDC before pulling anything apart

proautotech :

As for looking for damage there is not much you can see with the naked eye. I would look for any damage to the bottom of the cylinder head. Look for valves that are burnt bent or deformed.

proautotech :

CLICK HERE

proautotech :

The above steps include the timing marks. Line then up before pulling the head. Follow the steps to reinstall the timing.

proautotech :

If you need further information, just let me know.

JACUSTOMER-2bfl8y28- :

WE NEED TO KNOW ,WHAT MARKS ON THE CRANK PULLEY & THE EXHAUST & INTAKE SPROCKETS THAT WE SHOULD USE TO SET THE TIMING?