CarQuestionGuy
CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN
8613158

reliability and any problems with the 2006 DB( manual volante

What is the reliability and any problems with the 2006 DB( Manual Volante
Category: Car
Expert:  CarQuestionGuy replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to answer your question.

This car is a reliable car overall. The main problems that people have are minor electrical problems (seats, mirrors, etc.). Once in a while you find one with a computer problem, but this is rare.

There has been one recall that I will list below that you want to be aware of:

Recall Reason POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Recall Date NOV 07, 2005
Model Affected DB9
Potential Units Affected 67

Recall Summary
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, WHEN A LOAD IS APPLIED ON THE PARKING INTERLOCK SYSTEM, THE LOCKING CONE, WHICH IS PART OF THE PARKING PAWL SYSTEM, MAY CREATE AN INDENTATION ON AN UNHARDENED GUIDE PLATE AT THE CONE CONTACT AREA. AN INDENTATION MAY ALSO RESULT IN A RAISED EDGE TOWARDS THE LOCKING CONE GUIDE CHANNEL WHICH MAY HINDER THE LOCKING CONE FROM REACHING ITS END POSITION.

Consequence
THE PARK MAY NOT ENGAGE WHEN THE "P" BUTTON IN THE VEHICLE IS PRESSED TO SELECT PARK AND ALL INDICATORS SHOW THE PARK POSITION IS ACHIEVED. THIS COULD RESULT IN A VEHICLE ROLL-AWAY CONDITION, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE PARKING PAWL GLIDE PLATE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON DECEMBER 23, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT ASTON MARTIN AT(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Notes
ASTON MARTIN SAR011