fordtech25
fordtech25, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN, WITH ADVANCED LEVEL CERTS.11 YEARS WITH FORD, 4 YEARS GENERAL AUTO.
49638932

few miles..i apply the brakes i feel something from the pedal..engaged

im getting a service stabality and service steering system warning. every few miles i hear a light grinding sound and it pulls a little to the left and when i apply the brakes i feel something from the pedal, then it says stabality engaged. can you explain to me whats going on so i'll knwo what im talking about when i take it to the shop.
Category: Car
Expert:  fordtech25 replied 5 years ago.
Hi I would like to help you out. A service stability and steering message can appear if the vehicle has lost a speed signal from one of the speed sensors. The stability system works uses the abs to activate wheels independently to help control the vehicle. The grinding sound is the abs motor running and the valves cycling in the abs hydraulic control unit. If you bring to the shop tell the service stability and steering messages are on and the vehicle is false activating the abs. Diagnostics will be run to help narrow down the exact issue. Thanks