Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

ive driven 97.5 miles..fuel gauge is almost to half a tank.

I've driven 97.5 miles for the week. I filled up on Sunday night. The fuel gauge is almost to half a tank. Why is my 2012 Accent eating up the fuel?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
OK how many miles on the vehicle ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My 2012 Accent has about 2,400 miles

Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Ok there are no signs of any fuel leaks correct?Also is the engine light on?There is an ECM update on this vehicle for this issue have you contacted the dealer about this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No fuel leaks. Engine light is not on. The ECO light is on, that's what thy told me to do to get better gas mileage
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
OK that will give you better gas mileage.You need to go back to the dealer and have them update the ECM and this should take care of your issue .It will reset the ECM and
then you will get better MPG's.Have seen a few of these issues and the ECMS are affecting the air/fuel ratio and give your poor fuel economy.This is the next step for this issue.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the ECM?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You haven't answered the question, what is the ECM?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Need information on the ECM
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay . The ECM is the vehicles main computer the cars brain. It controls all the sensors and in turn affects the air/fuel mixture and you MPGS. This is what needs to be checked next. Hoped this helped . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.