Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

11 nova: front end..anyone with the coil springs that will work

I have a fully restored...
I have a fully restored 1967 chevy 11 nova ss 327 c.i. I want to raise the front end 2"-2.5". I can't find anyone with the coil springs that will work. can you help?
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2012
Tim's Auto Repair

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

nice ride

tims auto repair :

tell me....do you still have the original chevy 2 front end/

tims auto repair :

?

Customer:

yes, origional

tims auto repair :

may i ask..why do you need to raise the front?

tims auto repair :

is it a factory v8 car?

Customer:

I'm old school. really like the look. back end is raised with air shocks.

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

are the front springs just old..?..might a new set raise it to your likes?

Customer:

factory v8

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

what you could do here

tims auto repair :

is,,to install the wagon springs

tims auto repair :

they are a little stiffer and should raise it a couple of inches

Customer:

when you say wagon, do u mean any chevy wagon?

tims auto repair :

no

tims auto repair :

the chevy 2 wagon

tims auto repair :

if you want i can tell you where to buy

Customer:

please do.

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

you can buy these from classic industries

tims auto repair :

just a second

tims auto repair :

i will give you the site

tims auto repair :

and a phone #

tims auto repair :

www.classicindustries.com

tims auto repair :

800854

tims auto repair :

1280

tims auto repair :

part #cs6246

tims auto repair :

$65 a pair

tims auto repair :

www.classicindustries.com

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer:

thanks Tim, i will try those springs. let u know how they work.

tims auto repair :

yes..please do

tims auto repair :

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic