internal88
internal88, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working with automotive industry for almost 20 years. I also have an engineering background. Saving one car at a time.
63512786

Honda Accord: car used...it had after market alloy wheels

!993 Honda Accord Sta Wag...bought the car used...it had after market alloy wheels...one
wheel is bad has a twist or out of round problem and needs to be replaced. I can't find
anything like the current wheels nor can I afford new alloy wheels. Is there any problem if I use 2 of the alloys and buy 2 new steel wheels using 2 of each on the 2 sides of the car?
I would get wheel covers for the steel wheels. Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  internal88 replied 5 years ago.

internal88 :

Hi and welcome to justanswer.

internal88 :

I'm going to help you out

internal88 :

You have to make sure the new tires will be the same size.

internal88 :

Be sure to have the wheels installed either in the front or rear.

internal88 :

My recommendation is to install to 2 new steel wheels in the front.

internal88 :

I hope I have helped you out.

internal88 :

Please ACCEPT my Answer if I have helped you. This is how I get credit for my time researching your question. A BONUS is greatly appreciated! I will still help you after you accepted.

Customer:

Then I will have unmatched wheels on each side...one alloy and one steel with a wheel cover??

Functionally the car will be safe to drive with 2 steels and 2 alloy wheels. As long as the tire SIZE are the same for all 4 tires.

The only problem is cosmetic.