How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlvinC Your Own Question
AlvinC, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 1242
Experience:  ASE Master Aotumotive Tech, ASE Truck Tech, ASE Advanced Driveability Tech, Ford Senior Master Tech
Type Your Car Question Here...
AlvinC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2004 f350: to change hydrulic valve lifter..6l diesel

This answer was rated:

to change hydrulic valve lifter on 2004 f350 6L diesel. do you remove the head or take center covers off.
Hi this is Al, Sorry to say you need to pull the head to replace the lifters. I would suggest if you are going this far to install the ARP head studs and install the redesigned STC fitting. This will help eliminate possible future issues. I hope this helps, if not let me know, Al
AlvinC and 7 other Car Specialists are ready to help you