Car

What Does ESP Light On Suzuki Grand Vitara Mean? How To Fix?

Customer Question
What does the ESP light...

What does the ESP light on 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara indicate when it stays on all the time and what does it take to fix the problem. Can I fix the problem and what is the danger of driving the car with the light always on?... Read full answer

What does the ESP light on 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara indicate when it stays on all the time and what does it take to fix the problem. Can I fix the problem and what is the danger of driving the car with the light always on?

Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Car
3/20/2012
Auto Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician

Is the car running and shifting properly?

It seems to be

Does this have a manual or automatic transmission?

Auto

OK there is actually a recall on this issue where the abs module /pump fails and causes this issue. This will need to be replaced to fix this issue. It will not affect the way the vehicle drives but you just will not have abs breaks but will have conventional brakes. Call the dealer to see if this is covered if not you can get the part from a local salvage yard to save money. New replacement parts and labor is close to 3000 dollars. These are the next steps.

Hope this helped.

I talked to the local Suzuki dealer and he couldn't find anything about a recall on abs or anything like this. Where did you get the info on a recall and who can I talk to about it around here?

Straight from the factory. That was for certain vin ranges . Did they run your vin for recalls?

Yes they did or at least I gave the vin to them.

Ok then you need to have the vehicle scanned to see what code is stored for the ESP light . Most common is a faulty ABS pump/ modulator. Having the code will pinpoint the problem and that is the next step.

Hope this helped.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I will like to find out if a Suzuki xl7 2003 engine can fit
Second opinion] I will like to find out if a Suzuki xl7 2003 engine can fit in a Suzuki Grand Vitara v6 2008 … read more
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
My car starts fine, but when I put it into reverse it dies.
My car starts fine, but when I put it into reverse it dies. So I started it in neutral & shifted into drive it went but in less than a mile it died several more times. What is wrong with my vehicle???… read more
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
self employed,
Engine stalls when put in gear,if youy start it again and
engine stalls when put in gear,if youy start it again and give it a few revs itwill usually start … read more
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
self employed,
Stop searching for answers—
Ive got a esp light on on the dash of a 2009 Suzuki grand
Hi Tom ive got a esp light on on the dash of a 2009 Suzuki grand vitara … read more
Danny
Danny
Owner, lead mechanic,
I just purchased from a used car dealer a 2008 Suzuki Grand
Hi there, I just purchased from a used car dealer a 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara. Are you familiar with the model? I have a question about its 4WD system. … read more
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
self employed,
Intermittently engine idles surges, 2.7 96,000, 2006 Suzuki
intermittently engine idles surges JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine? Customer: 2.7 96,000 JA: What is the make/model of your car? Customer: 2006 Suzuki grand vitara JA: Are y… read more
Retired,
N/A
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Suzuki GRAND VITARA RESET esp warning light. FIRST TIME.
we tried to install a car alarm and then we got the issue Thanks!… read more
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
Technician,
On a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4wd the ESP light comes on and
On a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4wd the ESP light comes on and stays on putting the trans in safety mode. Error code state low voltage to solenoid B. Transmission specialist checked all solenoids and th… read more
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
Technician,
Esp it on how to do fixes, 2006 suzuki grand vitara, How,
esp it on how to do fixes JA: What is the make/model/year of your car? Customer: 2006 suzuki grand vitara JA: Are you fixing your Grand Vitara yourself? What have you tried so far? Customer: How JA: A… read more
Automotive Technician,
I have a 2006 Suzuki grand vitara....116000 miles..all was
I have a 2006 Suzuki grand vitara....116000 miles..all was working fine, then all of the gauges went to zero..abs,esp,brake warning lights came on and the car did not want to change gears..felt like i… read more
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
self employed,
Suzuki GV: The ESP light is on on my 2006 Grand Vitara and
The ESP light is on on my 2006 Grand Vitara and my mechanic told me it's a code 1028 master cylinder pressure sensor circuit failure. It needs an ESP hydraulic control unit ($2675.00). The car seems o… read more
Billy
Billy
Bachelor's degree
suzuik grand vitara: I have a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara and
I have a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara and the esp light will go on after 2 mins after driving but my brake light is on can that b y its turning on… read more
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator,
Stop searching for answers—
Suzuki Grand vitara v6: 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6..Car was
2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6..Car was running fine..parked..restarted car and ESP light,check engine light and car will consistently rev at 3000 rpm.. Gas pedal will not change rpm of the motor.. my me… read more
jrloar
jrloar
Master HVAC Tech.,
suzuki grand vitara: HI this is maurice I have a 2006 suzuki
HI this is maurice I have a 2006 suzuki grand vitara 2.7 v6. when I start the engine and put it in gear the engine stops and i don't know why. Their is a esp warning light is on the dash, it is a oran… read more
proautotech
proautotech
Shop Foreman,
2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara: Around 60,000 miles...service engine light
I own a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara. Around 60,000 miles. The service engine light started going on and off, would stay on sometime more than other times. Then one day various lights on the dash started … read more
Neal
Neal
Auto repair pro, 30 years experience,
2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara: 36,000 miles..hydraulic..Electronic..brakes
I have a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara with 36,000 miles. My dealer is telling me that the hydraulic controller for the Electronic Stability Program is defective and that this might also affect the anti-lo… read more
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator,
Suzuki Grand Vitara: V6..hours I needed to leave.Tried to start my car
Hi, I have a Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 2006 model. I arrived home and after a couple of hours I needed to leave. Tried to start my car but seemed like the battery was a bit flat. Got another battery and … read more
moparfl
moparfl
Suzuki Grand Vitara: The tire pressure light is on
I just bought a Suzuki Grand Vitara. The manual is on order but I have an immediate question. The tire pressure light is on. the tires appear to be inflated properly but the light doesn't go out. Is t… read more
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator,