Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

water pump..my X reg vauxhall astra 1.8 16v sxi..bearings..cam..timing

HELP!!! I have just removed the water pump from my X reg vauxhall astra 1.8 16v SXI after one of the bearings collapsed and it began gushing water, and in my haste I didnt mark the pulleys before removing the auxcillary and cam belts and now the crankshaft has been moved slightly whilst I was removing the crankshaft pulley I'm affraid the timing is going to be out!! How can I re time the engine as I fit the new belts?? Any advice will be greatly received not to mention appreciated!! Rich.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Rich, here are some pictures that show the timing marks for the crank pulley and the cam sprockets. I hope this helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris