Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

blow but I checked all 31 fuses in passenger compartment fuse box

Tail door window on 2003 Land Rover Freelander goes down via facia switch but the tail door (end gate) latch will not open. This happend before and the garage mechanic said a fuse was blow but I checked all 31 fuses in passenger compartment fuse box and they appear to be OK.
Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Still waiting for an answer
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Patiently waiting
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
When unlocking do you here a click at the rear door ? This can be shorted actuator .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No clicking sounds in the tail door.

The only clicking I hear when I unlock the car with my door opener is coming from the right and left doors in the front and rear passenger compartments only. .

Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Ok that's telling the rear door actuator has failed and needs to replaced to fix this issue . This is common and what needs to be checked next . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where would I find the rear door actuator and how do I access it?
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Need to remove the rear panel and its located at the latch its part of the latch .This is the next step.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician