Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

what number is the fuel pump relay on a 1999 lincon towncar

Customer Question
what number is XXXXX fuel...
what number is XXXXX fuel pump relay on a 1999 lincon towncar
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Car
3/4/2012
Auto Mechanic: Shawn E, Ford Senior Master replied 5 years ago
Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Hi, welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Shawn and I will be answering your question.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and Bonuses are appreciated. Thank you, Shawn.

My questian was not fully answered what do you think I need to do my fuel pump kicks on for just one second then shuts down I put in a new fuel pump but it only comes on for a second
Try swapping out that relay. Check the fuel inertia cut-off switch in the trunk. Self test for any codes the pcm needs to see certain inputs to keep the fuel pump on like a rpm signal from the crank sensor.
I disconected the switch in the trunk and I switched the relay with the ac clutch relay I put a direct curent to the shut off switch in the trunk and still the pump come one and shuts off would that mean that the pump is bad
the codes it is showing is c1676, u1009, u1027 I have never seen those code befor
Check and see if you have a constant 12 volts going to the pump when cranking it.
im checking that be right back

the codes I sent you what are they do they have some thing to do with what Im working on

Auto Mechanic: Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics replied 5 years ago
Lurch
Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

JACUSTOMER-yoqym1qf-

another expert here.....

Could have something to do with the problem if the PCM / ECM is bad
Depending on Scan Tool, may not even be good Trouble Codes

At this point you need to start with Basic checks
Fuel & Ignition
Fuel Pressure Test
Fuel Pump
Is the PCM / ECM commanding the Fuel Pump On when Ignition Switch is turned on

Is there Ignition / Spark

Trying to pinpoint to one component is difficult from here, as there are a number of tests you need to perform to narrow it down & use of Scan Tool is not the only way

c1676 ?? not found

U1009 Antilock Brakes / Traction Control Systems "SCP Invalid or Missing DATA for Engine Torque" Perform PCM Test

U1027 The proper testing depends on which module this code was generated from. "SCP Invalid or Missing DATA for Engine Torque" Perform PCM Test

Your DEPOSIT is not payment

I have sent the information you have requested & have answered .
If you have more questions, it is considered to be "additional" & may have to Relist.

PLEASE click ACCEPT on your page, so that I may get credit for my Answer at this time, thanks.

No it was the key its a chip you had no clue sorry I was not satisfied

not "evrything" can be done by the Internet
we form our answers by the information "YOU" supply

thanks for the update

Lurch
Lurch