Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.
18617752

Isuzu Rodeo: How much does it cost to replace the water pump

How much does it cost to replace the water pump in my 1999 Isuzu Rodeo, V6 and is it a DIY possible job? I do have some mechanic experience...

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

The water pump for around $75 and the labor time guide calls for 3.4 hours to complete the job. On this engine, the water pump is driven by the timing belt, so it's a good preventative measure to replace the belt at this time. The belt sells for around $80 and you'll need to add another half-hour to the labor. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, but fr a job of this type, a "fair" rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour.

As for a DIY'er job- The skill level on this job is fairly high, and having prior timing belt experience is a huge plus. So, probably not the best for a DIY'er.