vauxdoc
vauxdoc, GM Europe master tech
Experience:  25 years GM factory trained ATA UK registered
10908802

opel: cambelt..zafira 1.8, i tried to keep the pulleys..valve timing

i replaced the cambelt on my opel (vauxhaul) zafira 1.8, i tried to keep the pulleys in the exact same position during the replacement, though my son got a hand to it and i am not 100% sure now. are there default markings and procedures i can use to ensure that the valve timing will be correct once i am done?
Category: Car
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer, there is a diagram below showing the timing marks and tensioner, there is a special tool (fig.9) to hold the cam gears but I think that you have done without it.

The camshaft marks are 1/4 past and 1/4 to .

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thanks for the diagram, would it possible however to supply me with some more descriptions on the diagram as I am a bit short on mechanical experience? Can you please describe what the pictures 10 to 16 mean and how I should interpret them? Please give the diagram some more flesh. Thanks.
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
How are you getting on ? please click on the accept button if my answer helped , as I will not get paid otherwise.

Thank you.