Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

toyota camry: Hello , I was at a dealership trying to buy a car

Customer Question

Hello , I was at a dealership trying to buy a car last night and they showed a new stickerprice of the car I was looking at for 18999 and they told me i could get the car for 11,000 it is an o6 toyota camery solara and telling me I was getting an equity loan and they knocked 7 thousand off of the car yet the book price is 12,000 what should i do about their deception?
Thank you Lynette
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Neal :

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

Neal :

Even though you were looking at a Toyota I am assuming you are aking this as a general question regarding dealerships and sale prices and assume you want this to remain in the car catagory.

Neal :

That is a pretty common tactic for a dealer, although that is a big markup over what they will sell it for.

Neal :

They commonly start them high like that because every now and then someone will come in and not haggle and pay the sticker price without question.

Customer:

yes this is true

Customer:

but they led me to beleive that i was getting a 7 thousand mark down and equity loan lol

Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
You're welcome!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did review and accepted and chatted with you sll is goo thank you
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
Thank you!!