Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

obdII code p0175 for suzuki verona

Customer Question
obdII code p0175 for suzuki verona
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Car
2/2/2012
Auto Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

this code means the engine is running too rich[getting too much fuel]

tims auto repair :

a common thing that may cause this is the fuel pressure regulator,,,the diaphram may be busted in iit

tims auto repair :

i will give you te code charts that may help you find your problem

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

tims auto repair :
2004 Suzuki Verona L6-2.5L
Computers and Control Systems Testing and Inspection, Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures: P Code Charts, P0175
DTC P0175 Fuel Trim Malfunction Bank 2 (Too Rich)

System Description

If the adaptation value threshold is permanently exceeded, the deviation of the adaptive terms enables to detect a slow default coming out. Two time counters (one for the rich side and another one for the lean side) are increased while the lambda controller exceeds the adaptation thresholds. As soon as one of the time counters reaches its maximum value, the error is detected.The aim of this test is to simulate a failure that would result in exceeding the adaptive terms. Two kinds of failure must be created.
- A lean side deviation: P0171, P0174
- A rich side deviation: P0172, P0175
It is thus necessary to determine, for each kind of failure, the limit good and the limit bad. For a given failure, measure the emission threshold until the legal emission thresholds are exceeded.Note that the problem is due to the emission thresholds required, it is not simple to disturb the system so that the emission thresholds will be exceeded. The tuning has been made thanks to a dedicated calibration but, as such a procedure is not permitted by the regulation, it is necessary to create some material malfunction (fuel pressure regulator fuel injector, air leakage...).

Conditions for Setting the DTC

- The average short term fuel trim value is less than expected.
- Coolant temperature is greater than 20 °C (68 °F).
- Ambient air pressure is higher than 745 kPa.
- System is in closed loop.
- Canister is not too much loaded.
- No relevant DTCs are set.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

- The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will illuminate.
- The ECM will record operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fail. This information will be stored in the Freeze Frame and Failure Records buffers.
- A history DTC is stored.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

- The MIL will turn off at the end of three (3) consecutive validation cycles in which the diagnostic runs without a fault.
- A history DTC will clear after 40 warm up cycles without a fault.
- DTC(s) can be cleared by using the scan tool.

Diagnostic Aids

CAUTION: After repairs, use the scan tool Fuel Trim Reset function to reset the long-term fuel trim to 128 (0%).

Check for poor connection at the ECM. Inspect the harness connectors for the following conditions:
- Backed-out terminals.
- Improper mating.
- Broken locks.
- Improperly formed.
- Damaged terminals.
- Poor terminal-to-wire connection.
Inspect the wiring harness for damage. If the harness appears to be OK, observe the O2S display on the scan tool while moving the connectors and the wiring harness related to the engine harness. A change in the display will indicate the location of the fault.

70_sk04veron_esm_01-267.png
Full Size Image
Step 1 - 13

71_sk04veron_esm_01-268.png
Full Size Image
Step 14 - 22

DTC P0175 - Fuel Trim Malfunction Bank 2 (Too Rich)
tims auto repair :
2004 Suzuki Verona L6-2.5L
Fuel Pressure Regulator Service and Repair, Procedures
Fuel Pressure Regulator Removal

WARNING: The fuel system is under pressure. To avoid fuel spillage and the risk of personal injury or fire, it is necessary to relieve the fuel system pressure before disconnecting the fuel lines.

1. Relieve the fuel pressure.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Disconnect the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
4. Disconnect the fuel return hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
5. Remove the intake manifold.

90_sk04veron_01-180a.png
Full Size Image

6. Remove the fuel pressure regulator with fuel rail.

Fuel Pressure Regulator Installation
1. Installation should follow the removal procedure in the reverse order.
2. Install the fuel pressure regulator.
Tighten the fuel pressure regulator retaining bolts to 10 - 13 Nm (89 - 115 inch lbs.).

91_sk04veron_01-181a.png
Full Size Image

3. Connect the fuel rail hose, fuel return hose, and vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator.
tims auto repair :

Auto Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer