Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

jamesrd1978
jamesrd1978
jamesrd1978, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
I have a 1999 isuzu amigo when the car is cold started it
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
i have a 1999 isuzu amigo when the car is cold started it shift slow, rpm rev a bit too high before it shifts about 600 rpms higher and doesnt drop when reaching cruising speed until about 35 mph then… read more
1994 Isuzu Amigo: It keeps throwing the belts..crankshaft pulley
advance mechanic
advance mechanic, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 1994 Isuzu Amigo 2.6. It keeps throwing the belts. It appears to me that it is the crankshaft pulley. I pulled the crankshaft pulley off and put it back on but what I need to know is how far … read more
1992 Isuzu Amigo 2.6. Engine idle is rough when cold, barely
Matt, Engineer
1992 Isuzu Amigo 2.6. Engine idle is rough when cold, barely stays running. When the engine warms up. It'll idle fine. but when you give it gas. The engine goes back down to rough idle, and barely run… read more
1992 Isuzu Amigo: cyl..diagnostic connector..cold runs ok when
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
1992 Isuzu Amigo 2.6 four cyl. Where is diagnostic connector How can I get codes car will not idle when cold runs OK when warm… read more
1992 ISUZU AMIGO: IT SAT FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS WHILE IN IRAQ
Billy
Billy, Bachelor's degree
I HAVE A 1992 ISUZU AMIGO, WITH A 2.6. IT SAT FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS WHILE IN IRAQ. IT WOULD NOT START DUE TO ROTTEN FUEL, CHANGED THE TANK,PUMP, FILTER. NOW IT WILL START AND RUN GREAT FOR HOURS, IF I… read more
Isuzu Amigo: My car is a Isuzu amigco 1992 2.6 I need to know
Ron, Automotive Tech
My car is a Isuzu amigco 1992 2.6 I need to know the firing order and the distr. rotation should the rotor be pointing at #1 cyclinder at top dead center?… read more
isuzu amigo: I have a 1998 Isuzu amigo. It didnt come with
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Sr. Technician
I have a 1998 Isuzu amigo. It didn't come with factory option fog lights. The vehicle is wired already for them to be added. I purchased the correct switch and relay including lamps. I plugged in the … read more
1994 isuzu amigo: runs perfect..weather..the outside temp goes
joe
joe, Automotive Technician Instructor assista
I have a 1994 isuzu amigo. It runs perfect in the winter time or if the weather outside is below 50 degrees. When the outside temp goes up, that's when my problem happens. After driving about 15 miles… read more
1993 isuzu amigo: dies..sec...I crank it 10 times it stay running
Tech413
Tech413, High School or GED
1993 isuzu amigo 2.6 starts but dies after 10-20 sec. Always when its cold. After I crank it 10 times it stay running. Im lost.… read more
1983 ISUZU: auto trans..shift into overdrive until i reach 70 mph.
Trouble shooter 1
Trouble shooter 1, Associate Degree
Hi I have a 1983 ISUZU, AMIGO. with a 2.6 engine and an auto trans. It will not shift into overdrive until i reach 70 mph. It has progressed to this over the last two years. It used to shift about 50 … read more
Ok, then I will check and make sure the harness has voltage, then go
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
Ok, then I will check and make sure the harness has voltage, then go ahead with the testing again. I will keep you updated. Thanks.… read more
1994 amigo: instantly..stay running..sputter..it it will crank but
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
My 1994 amigo will start instantly but sometimes will not stay running and sputter out. If this happens and I go to re-start it it will crank but not start. After 4-5 minutes it will start again. When… read more
amigo: I have an Isuzu Amigo which I installed a new clutch
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair
Tim\u0027s Auto Repair, Mechanic
I have an Isuzu Amigo which I installed a new clutch set in and Ican not get the throw out bearing to travel in the correct direction when the slave cylinder is engaged. when i got the car everything … read more
i ahve swapped the engine from a 1989 amigo to a 1994 isuzu
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
i ahve swapped the engine from a 1989 amigo to a 1994 isuzu amigo. the engine will run but it will not idle good and when you give it gas it cuts out. i can unplug the map sensor and it will run smoot… read more
1990 isuzu amigo: problems starting..clicking sound..its the starter
Perry
Perry, High School or GED
MY 1990 Izuzu amigo has had problems starting, but today it is not even attempting to fire or turn over. There is just a clicking sound. I guess its the starter, but is there anything i can do to get … read more
isuzu amigo: Hello, I have a 98 2.2 amigo with timing tensioner
Randall C
Randall C, Auto Technician / Consultant
Hello, I have a 98 2.2 amigo with timing tensioner issue, per the instructions with new belt I align the pointer to the window for the NEW belt.. it took several attempts to get the mark to hold this … read more
1989 Isuzu amigo: an ongoing problem with the lights on the dash
Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Lead Technician
1989 Isuzu amigo. the engine will start and run for approx 2 to 3 seconds, then shut down as if has run out of fuel. there has been an ongoing problem with the lights on the dash. (I feel they are rel… read more
1998 Isuzu Amigo: running fine..it just wont start..getting fuel
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
I have a 1998 Isuzu Amigo. It was running fine, and I went to start it and it just won't start. It is getting fuel. Can't get it to send a code. It wants to start but can't...it appears to be electric… read more