nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

red light came on in the dash that looks like a muffler..converter

Customer Question

I have had a Daihatsu Hi-Jet for several years and really love it. Just recently a red light came on in the dash that looks like a muffler with flames coming of of it. Is this something serious or does it have something to do with the calytic converter. Please advise. thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

This can be serious....and can be simply nothing.....

Billy :

As this is the warning light, telling you that a fault is detected in the engine management system.

Billy :

(except if it is the defrost, demist light....which would have nothing to do with the engine)......

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if follow up is needed..Click ACCEPT so i get credited for my work...positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Billy :

If it is the engine, then, you can remove the battery negative cable for a minute, and then refit it.....the light should turn off......if it gets back on, then you need to scan the vehicle (using a scan tool), to retrieve the fault codes....the fault codes would identify the faulty component(s) or wiring (be it catalytic converter, or other component) to be further checked and replaced accordingly.