Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Dj
Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
HUNDAI SONATA: I just bought a 2001 Hundai Sonata with 31,000
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I just bought a 2001 Hundai Sonata with 31,000 mi. It has one problem, on occasion it jerks. It feels like its suffocating. It only happens at low speeds ~20-35mph. It seems to be fine once you build … read more
I purchased a brand new car...backup sensors began to malfunction
Robert
Robert, RV Tech Support
I purchased a brand new car. Five months later the backup sensors began to malfunction. The dealer said that the bumber had been damaged even though there were no scratches, dents etc. They would not … read more
i recently bought a brand new car..warning lights..malfunctioning
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
hi guys i recently bought a brand new car, and it broke down on the first day and then again exactly a week later. the engine keeps cutting out and all the warning lights (oil, engine & battery) keep … read more
2006 Sonata: hyundai..my car was parked in a lot..right front..fender
Clayton
Clayton, Head Mechanic
I own a Hundai 2006 Sonata. When my car was parked in a lot, facing out, it was side swiped by an unknown vehicle on the right front passenger side. There was damage to the front of the passenger's do… read more
2003 hyundai sonata: cyl..recently replaced..problem starting..cranks
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
I have a 2003 Hundai Sonata 6 cyl and recently replaced the battery. I have noticed it is recently having a problem starting. It now cranks a couple of times before it actually starts. Not sure what t… read more
Hyundai: spongy, weird) and the brake light came..blown..hoses
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
A few months ago the dealer replaced the brake pads on my Hyundai Sonata...a few weeks after I started having problems (spongy, weird) and the brake light came on...they said they just forgot to top o… read more
I own a 2012 VW Passat. A few months ago, the mechanic
Gary
Gary, Gold Certified Technician
I own a 2012 VW Passat. A few months ago, the mechanic changed the control arm on the vehicle. The vehicle then began to make noise. I brought it back and he changed the struts. The noise was gone.Now… read more
Intake gasket..the whole car shakes and it..really rough..few seconds
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I recently got my intake gasket fixed. Now, a few months later, when I start my car for the first time the whole car shakes and it sounds really rough like the engine is going to fall out until it eve… read more
I bought a new car today. I gave the dealer a check, my ...
Expert, auto mechanic
I bought a new car today. I gave the dealer a check, my trade-in vehicle and the title, but I left with-out the car. Is it legal to sell a car that is not on the lot, and have you sign all the paperwo… read more
Neon: recently bought..plymouth..inside dome lights..brand new one
al
al, auto-electric & repair owner
I just recently bought a 1995 Plymouth Neon. The inside dome lights do not work and the car stereo did not work. The car stereo that came with the Neon appeared to be pushed in at an odd angle so I bo… read more
SUZUKI SX4: BRAND NEW..IT WAS advertized TO GIVE 28 MPG.
Scott
Scott, Manager/Technician
I BOUGHT A SMALL SUZUKI SX4 BRAND NEW 2008 VEHICLE LAST YEAR JULY. THE REASON I BOUGHT THAT LITTLE CAR IS BECAUSE OF MILEAGE. IT WAS ADVERTIZED TO GIVE 28 MPG. I AM HAVING IT FOR NEARLY 7 MONTHS AND I… read more
Warranty..it, especially with the steering wheel and indicators
Toyotatech
Toyotatech, Service Manager
I bought a used car from a dealer, as approved car with 6 months warranty. For the last three months there was always something wrong with it, especially with the steering wheel and indicators. They t… read more
My car wont start.... battery is brand new(1 month) it..dead...
32dmadden
32dmadden, Owner Emergancy Auto Service
my car wont start.... battery is brand new(1 month) it doesnt click like the battery is dead... it turns over like it wants to start but yet it it doesnt… read more
Sentra: Brand new car (only had it a month) got rear ended
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
Brand new car (only had it a month) got rear ended - very minor damage to the back side bumper and quarter panel. Took the car to a 'Preferred vendor' of my insurance company. Was told the car would b… read more
95 mercury sable: strange problem of acting like it has a flat tire
jwtruck76
jwtruck76, Owner
I bought this car a few months ago, it is a 95 mercury sable. For a while now it has had this strange problem of acting like it has a flat tire when it doesn't. Like rocking back and forth. Also you s… read more
my brand new car..having to crank it a few times before it will idle.
john
john, Mechanic
I have only had my brand new car for 9 months. I have been having to crank it a few times before it will idle. This morning it never would start all the way. It will crank, but then it dies. Optional … read more
2002 hyundai sonata: My battery died yesterday in my 6cyl.
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
My battery died yesterday in my 6cyl. 2002 Hundai Sonata. No problems leading up to it. It just wouldn't start. I removed the battery and took it to Advanced Auto for testing. It was only registering … read more
HOSE..A FEW MONTH LATER THE vAN STARTED TO OVER HEAT..AGAIN.
Ivan
Ivan, Automotive Instructor
I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY CAR OVER HEATING. SO I FOUND A BROKEN HOSE SO I CHANGED THE HOSE. A FEW MONTH LATER THE vAN STARTED TO OVER HEAT AGAIN. i CHANGED THE CHANGING THE THERMISTATE, WATER PUMP… read more