Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Opel Zafira 1.8 engine head removal

Customer Question
Opel Zafira 1.8 engine head removal
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Car
11/19/2011
Auto Mechanic: vauxdoc, GM Europe master tech replied 6 years ago
vauxdoc
vauxdoc, GM Europe master tech
Welcome to Just Answer, There are 10 bolts that are used to bolt the head to the block, these bolts are stretch bolts and should not be re used, there is a picture below.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.
graphic
The diagram Im looking for is the one showing the Carburator attachment to the head part ? How many are the bolt .... are they all of same type ?

The second part of my question is about the streching wheel of the timingbelt ?

How is it made slack to remove the belt ? .... is it wise to use the timebelt again (15000 km old)?

Greets
Sigurður Sigm.
OK, there are 2 more diagrams (on two posts) showing the inlet manifold nuts and the timing belt tensioner, you have to slacken the bolt off and then use an allen key to back off the tension. (please reply to this so I can upload the tensioner diagram)
graphic
graphic
Oki .... think though in my car I have bolts not nuts.
Just to be sure about the diagram .....the big circle almost in the middle is where the air intake was ?

Then Im ready for the next diagram .....am wondering though what an allen key looks like :)

Greets
Sigurdur Sigm
ooo ...and is it wise to reuse the timebelt ?

How should the tension of the belt be adjusted ?

I know Im adding upp a lot of questions here .....but you seem to know it all :)

You wouldnt happen to have a diagram of 100 % safe way of setting the timebelt on again ?

Greets
Sigurdur Sigmundsson
Hi, Sorry for the delay, I would recommend fitting a new belt, rollers and tensioner, the tensioner when set has markings that show the correct tension, I will show you a diagram of the timing set up.

Please don't take this the wrong way but to be 100% sure of the correct fitting of the belt a trained technician would be advisable as severe engine damage can result in incorrect adjustment.

graphic
Ok ....I liked your answears today and took some 57 dollar option for subscript.

How does this work ? Should I choose Accept Answer here below .... and how will I be billed for this ?

But dont get me wrong you answears have been very helpful.

Greetings
Sigurður Sigmundsson

Hi, I am not quite sure on how the 57 dollar subscription works but from the original question there is a value of 23.50 , this is what I will receive when you click the accept button , you can still respond on this thread after the accept has been pressed.

Best regards, Vauxdoc.
vauxdoc
vauxdoc, GM Europe master tech
vauxdoc
vauxdoc
vauxdoc, GM Europe master tech