Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

Runs like its jerking. Even at speeds of 40 MPH.

Customer Question

Runs like it's jerking. Even at speeds of 40 MPH. Usually after 40 minutes of continuous driving. Check engine light has come on. Acts like it wants to stall at red lights and stop signs. Temperature gage is normal.
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

The check engine light means there are codes stored, do you know what the codes are and what sensors were replaced?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I really don't know. Something about the oxygen sensor. I'm wondering if it's the egr valve?
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
That is possible based on the symptoms but I really don't have enough ifo to be sure.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I really don't know what has been done as far as work on it. But the Toyota place has it now and they said it was a blown gasket.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

What gasket?

Head gasket?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think so.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
That is also possible and not unusual. How did they make that determination?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They did'nt tell me. Am I getting taken? Female here.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
Not nessasarily it is entirely feasible. You should talk to them and ask them how they determined it is the head gasket and if they are sure it is the problem. Also ask to see what they are talking about, the best way to avoid gettting ripped off is to show interest in the problem and ask questions. Also local repair shops are a lot less expensive than the dealer. So if you know a good one it might be worth taking the car there even if you have to tow it.