Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Isuzu: pull..3.2L..a 5 speed manual, two wheel drive

I need to separate an...
I need to separate an engine and transmission in a vehicle and pull the engine out. it is a 97 3.2L Isuzu with a 5 speed manual, two wheel drive. can it be separated without pulling transmission? I also dont have a diagram where all the tyranny bolts are to the engine would you have one?
11/5/2011
Gary
Gary, Technician
you MUST remove the transmission and THEN remove the engine.they will NOT come out together and the engine will NOT comeout with the transmission just unbolted from the engine there is not enough room.if you look at # XXXXX in this picture it shows the bolt holes that hold the transmission to the engine.and the picture says 3.1 on the bottom not to worry the 3.2 is the samegraphic
does the transmission need to be removed completely? By just moving the transmission will there be enough slack in linkage assembles to be able to maneuver the engine out of the engine bay?
you have to completly remove the manual transmission from the truck.then remove the engine
Alrighty. That will be fun since i dont have a lift. Shooting to have this done by the end of tomorrow.
just be patient wand work safe
I will be. I have to heat up the exhaust to manifold bolts to get them broken loss and i know they could snap. Luckily i have face shield, goggles, gloves, jacket, and hat. I assume i am going to need to move the exhaust now. Why cant vehicles be all the same process like GM 350 engine and their tyrannies
i agrre.but when they pack in bigger engines and transmissions to smaller trucks there is no room to work
Gary
Gary, Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician