Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Mechanical..cooling..Shop replaced compressor, dryer and works but not

Freeelander 2003, 92M miles perfect...
Freeelander 2003, 92M miles perfect mechanical condition, A/C stop cooling. Shop replaced compressor, dryer and works but not all the time, car was brougth to Land Rover run the computer no indication of malfuntion at all...but still not working well.
10/7/2011
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
If the compressor actually failed then the problem is there is some contamination in the lines and possibly expansion valve . Also there are a lot of issues with the expansion valves freezing up and causing poor refrigerant flow . This is what needs to be checked next and is the most likely cause for your issue. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Can you be more specific in the valve...the compressor and dryer are new, the system was cleaned as should before loading the gas, so impuirty or foregein particles is not the issue but your are refering to a valve, please be more specific as look like you have the expertice, thanks. Carlos
The expansion valve is inside the evaporator box next to the heater box under dash . All it takes is one small particle to cause this valve to stick open and freeze up and cause your issue. This is where to you need to focus next . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician